Al Hakim is also a leading figure in Dentons HPRP’s Corporate and Commercial and Financial Services practice groups. He has played a key role in a wide range of significant transactions involving both domestic and international corporations. AEON Group, Bank Indonesia, Golden Land Berhad, IJM Plantations Berhad, IMC Shipping, Kuala Lumpur Kepong (KLK) Berhad, Kumpulan Fima Berhad, Marubeni Corporation, NPC Resources Berhad, Toshiba Group Company, PT Acer Indonesia, and PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero), Tbk. are some clients whom Al Hakim has been assisting.
Al Hakim Hanafiah is a partner and one of the founding members of Hanafiah Ponggawa & Partners (now Dentons HPRP). Al Hakim started his career in 1983 when he was a law student. With more than 30 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer, he has been advising and representing clients and corporations in numerous transactions both domestic and international.
- With an undergraduate degree in law (S.H.) from Universitas Indonesia in 1985, Al Hakim pursued his master's degree in law (LL.M.) at the University of Washington, Seattle, USA in 1987. He continued his study in International Tax Law and earned a Diploma in this study from Robert Kennedy University, Zurich, Switzerland.
Awards & Recognitions
- • Recognized as a “Leading Individual” for practices of Capital Market and Corporate / M&A by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 edition
- • Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in practices of Construction & Real Estate and Project & Infrastructure by Asialaw Profile in 2016,2017, and 2018 editions
- • Named on the A-List of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers by a leading legal publication, Asia Legal Business Journal (“ALBJ”) in 2018
- • Named as a “Leading Lawyer” in Banking and Project Finance practices by IFLR 1000 in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 edition
- • Listed as a “Asialaw Recommended Individual” in Asialaw Profile 2016 edition
- • Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in practice of Capital Market by Asialaw Profile in 2015 edition