Iqbal has been involved in various M&A transactions, representing sellers and buyers, involving public and private companies. His work encompasses various sectors, including IT, plantations, media and broadcasting, financial institutions, transportation and real estate. His work covers structuring and documenting and negotiating transaction documents. Other than strategic clients and local conglomerates, Iqbal's clients also include private equity, both local and foreign. In the private equity space, his work not only involves share acquisitions but also mezzanine and convertible instruments.
Iqbal is the Head of the Capital Markets Group. Iqbal has been involved in various capital market transactions, representing issuers and banks/underwriters, in both equity and debt capital markets. His work encompasses various sectors, including IT, plantations, healthcare, mining and transportation sectors. Iqbal also regularly advises clients on various capital market issues such as disclosures, good corporate governance, related party and material transactions, and takeover issues. He is admitted to practice capital market work in Indonesia (registered as a Capital Market Supporting Professional at the Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan or OJK)).
- University of Indonesia (S.H.) (1997)
Awards & Recognitions
- Highly Regarded Lawyer for Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2019-2020
- Ranked in Band 2 for Capital Markets, Chambers Asia 2018-2021
- Leading Individual for Capital Markets, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2019-2021
- Leading Lawyer, AsiaLaw Profiles 2018-2019
- Indonesia Young Lawyer of the Year, ALB Indonesia Law Award 2018-2019
- Young Lawyer of the Year, ALB Southeast Asia Law Award 2018
- Young Lawyer of the Year, ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2017-2018